Monday, September 21, 2015

                   Disguising True Beauty  

You would be surprised at how many woman try to disguise their beauty everyday to look like something or someone that wasn't meant for them. Woman today are using excessive makeup and even bleaching of the skin to achieve a perfect "light skin color" look. They go through hours of surgery and tons of money to achieve these looks, but why? To be socially accepted through the use of beauty? What about the other characteristics that makes someone special? Because they're bleaching their skin you can suggest that they are unhappy with their natural skin color. They believe that the lighter you are the more you'll stand out, and the more socially accepted you'll be.

The most popular skin lighting cream for African Americans bought in a store is a product called Palmers Skin Success Eventone Fade Milk . It's used to give you softer, brighter, and younger looking skin. It can be used all over the body for a lighter and even skin tone. The fact that it's so easy to have plays a big part as well. I think that if the skin whitening products weren't so cheap less woman would use them. It would get them to accept, love, and embrace their natural skin color. 




*The clip below is a short video going in depth about skin bleaching.




When you saw that video how did you feel? What were your immediate thoughts? When I saw the video I felt bad for some of our African American woman who are not happy with their skin. They haven't gotten the chance to see it's true beauty. If I could I would have talks with woman about skin color. I'd motivate and inform them on how beautiful it is. I'd prove to them how bleaching, lightening, and enhancing the skin isn't even necessary. When I've made my point I'd have a group of woman with a new positive mindset on skin. Hopefully, what I shared with them they'll share with others and so forth. Maybe I could put a stop to disguising true beauty.




Sources:  https://www.google.com/search?q=unhappy+woman+with+their+skin&es_sm=122&biw=1920&bih=942&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI1Ivt04mJyAIVBouSCh3JIw-2#tbm=isch&q=palmers+skin+bleaching&imgrc=IL8F0LU6fAftUM%3A

1 comment:

  1. I do think that people are on a quest for the "idyllic beige skin tone," just like the idyllic body type, height, etc. The idea of bleaching skin is an interesting concept, but so is tanning, lifting, diet pill(ing), etc. I don't know. My brain's not big enough for this stuff. Maybe I should stick to rhetoric.

    ReplyDelete